Hamlet Grade 12 HL Drama ePub (1 year licence)
"This edition of Hamlet offers a uniquely interactive approach to one of Shakespeare’s most performed plays.
William Shakespeare did not intend that his plays be read as texts only – they were meant to be acted, seen and heard. This exciting edition of Hamlet offers a wealth of supporting material to encourage understanding and appreciation of this remarkable play as well as meet all the requirements of the CAPS and preparation for the Grade 12 examination.
The features of this edition include:
• A detailed introduction to prepare learners for studying the key literature features and characteristics of the play;
• A short biography of Shakespeare;
• Background information about the context of the play;
• A summary of each Act;
• A complete and authoritative text of the play;
• An attractive double-page spread layout, which includes notes and activities that:
– assist with pre-reading and during reading;
– explain difficult language;
– provide useful background information;
– explore characters, themes, words and images; and
– stimulate thoughts on how to stage the play;
• Pre-reading questions before each Act;
• Questions and activities at the end of each Act to consolidate understanding and for revision;
• Exam preparation, including sample contextual and essay questions, and guidance for answering both types of questions as well as suggested answers;
• A list of references; and
• A detailed glossary of terms for literature study and drama.
This edition is fully illustrated with drawings and story-boards for each Act as well as photographs to support and extend the understanding and enjoyment of Hamlet.
This eBook is a digital version of the printed, CAPS-approved book. Benefits of the ePUB format include:
• The ability to view on a desktop computer, notebook or tablet;
• As learners adjust fonts, rotate and flip pages, content reflows to fit the device's screen giving the user a more flexible experience; and
• Learners can take notes, highlight and bookmark, and access video and audio for visual learning."