Animal Farm: Novel and Study Notes ePub (perpetual licence)
"“For the first few minutes the animals could hardly believe in their good fortune. Their first act was to gallop in a body right round the boundaries of the farm, as though to make quite sure that no human being was hiding anywhere upon it; then they raced back to the farm buildings to wipe out the last traces of Jones’s hated reign.”
When the animals chase their cruel master off the farm, freedom and equality seem within their grasp. But soon, ominous signs of corruption and greed appear. In this classic fable, George Orwell sounds a powerful warning of the dangers of totalitarianism.
This edition of Animal Farm has been developed to prepare English Home Language learners in Grade 12. This book meets all the requirements of the new curriculum and the additional features provide extensive support and preparation for the Grade 12 examination.
The key features listed below will extend understanding and enjoyment of this famous novel:
• An introduction to prepare learners to study the novel;
• A biography of George Orwell;
• Notes on key aspects, including plot, characters and theme;
• Activities to consolidate understanding and aid revision;
• An extensive exam preparation section, including sample contextual and essay questions and guidance on how to prepare an essay;
• A glossary of literary terms; and
• A list of references for further study.
This eBook is a digital version of the printed, CAPS-approved book. Benefits of the ePUB format include:
• The ability to view on a desktop computer, notebook or tablet;
• As learners adjust fonts, rotate and flip pages, content reflows to fit the device's screen giving the user a more flexible experience; and
• Learners can take notes, highlight and bookmark, and access video and audio for visual learning."