The Great Gatsby: Novel and Study Notes ePDF (perpetual licence)
"“They were careless people ... – they smashed up things and creatures and then retreated back into their money or their vast carelessness, or whatever it was that kept them together, and let other people clean up the mess they had made …”
Jay Gatsby has accumulated great wealth in order to try to impress his first love, Daisy, who is now married to the millionaire Tom. When Daisy and Jay reconnect, the scene is set for tragedy.
Written in America in 1925, The Great Gatsby vividly depicts a high-spending, decadent society on the brink of the
This edition has been developed to prepare English Home Language learners for the Grade 12 examinations. The following unique features provide extensive support for learners:
• A summary of the novel;
• Background to the novel;
• A biography of the writer;
• A comprehensive discussion of the characters and themes;
• Sample exam questions with suggested answers;
• Guidance for essay writing;
• A glossary of terms for literature study; and
• References for further study.
This eBook is in ePDF format, which enables you to:
• View the entire book offline on desktop or tablet;
• Search for and highlight text; and
• Add and edit personal notes directly in your eBook."