2021 Baseline Assessment (Gr. 2) English FAL
Guidelines for assessment: Baseline assessment:
- Should be done during the first 10 days of returning to school.
- Baseline activities should not be a stand-alone but be integrating with the teaching and learning process.
- Should be done informally and mostly through observation.
- The assessment activities will focus on previous grade content.
- The aim of the activities will be to determine the level of the learners to guide the teaching and learning process for the way forward.
- The teacher can combine the assessment of skills where possible.
- All skills are included irrespective if it was taught in 2020. Teachers can use their discretion should they not want to assess all skills.