- “Content” used herein includes all photos, text, documents, videos, graphics, software, sounds, music, audio-visual combinations and other materials used or accessed via the e-Portal Website;
- “e-Portal Website” used herein refers to this website operated by the WCED;
- “Resource links” used herein includes all references to partner websites to which hyperlinks may be included on the e-Portal Website;
- “User” used herein includes any person or entity accessing the e-Portal Website or using the Content for whatever purpose; and
- “WCED” used herein refers to the Department of Education of the Western Cape Government.
General limitations on the use of the e-Portal Website or Content
Users may not:
- download, reproduce, distribute, disseminate, publish or broadcast any portion of the e-Portal Website, or the Content for commercial use, financial gain or non-educational purposes but may do so for educational purposes;
- change or modify or damage any portion of the e-Portal Website, or the Content;
- interfere or circumvent any security or control features of the e-Portal Website, or Content;
- upload or transmit through the e-Portal Website any computer viruses, Trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, disrupt or interrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer;
- use the e-Portal Website, or Content, for commercial purposes;
- collect or harvest personal data of any other User, Content supplier or the WCED from the e-Portal Website, or the Content; and
- transmit, distribute, reproduce, broadcast, copy, display, transfer, sell, license or exploit in any manner any portion of the e-Portal Website, or the Content for commercial use, financial gain or non-educational purposes.
If you wish to reproduce or use Content for any non-commercial purpose or in any manner other than as described above, you will need the WCED’s prior written approval. Requests should be directed to Media1.Media1@westerncape.gov.za.
General legal conditions
- The WCED shall not be liable for any loss, or damage or indirect or consequential loss arising from the use of the e-Portal Website, or the Content.
- The WCED will not collect any information in respect of a User, other than the name, surname and email address of any User that registers with the e-Portal Website. The WCED will, however, collect specific data from learners who register with the e-Portal Website, namely: name, surname, email address, school, subject choices and grade.
Links to Resource links
Terms for Supplying Content
The WCED maintains express Terms for Supplying Content in respect of Content accessible on the e-Portal Website.
Copyright and Plagiarism Policy