Students use Pattern Shapes to explore geometry and fractions, create their own designs, or filling in outlines. As they work with shapes, students think about angles, investigate symmetry, and compose and decompose larger shapes. Many of these explorations lead naturally to thinking about fractions as parts of a whole.
This virtual version of our pattern blocks is an open-ended educational tool, ideal for elementary classrooms and other learning environments that use laptops, iPads, Chromebooks, and Windows devices.
- Rotate shapes in increments of 15 degrees.
- Measure angles with the protractor tool.
- Duplicate and change the color and size of shapes.
- Fill the built-in outlines with shapes or create your own.
- Choose between a blank background, a triangular grid, or square grid.
- Use the drawing tools to annotate work and show understanding.
- Write equations and expressions with the text tool.